Special Education TeacherJob ID: 2017-3099
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
May Institute invites applications for the position of Special Education Teacher. The person in this role will work closely with a team of behavior analysts to implement a “model classroom” for students on the autism spectrum. The classroom will be conducted within Westfield Public Schools but overseen by May Institute staff. The classroom will allow the school district to support students “in district” but provide an intensive level of support using applied behavior analysis. The training for this position will start the beginning of August.
- Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom utilizing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis( ABA)
- Conduct assessments, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
- Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
- Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
- Train and supervise classroom assistants
- Assist in implementation of interventions for challenging behaviors
- Implement behavior analytic interventions to increase skills in the areas of communication and social interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Massachusetts licensure in severe disabilities required/ moderate certification will be considered.
- BCBA certification preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow