Special Education Instructional AideJob ID: 2017-3132
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders in Brockton is looking for a Special Education Instructional Aide to work in a classroom setting providing services to children and adolescents with special needs.
These positions are an excellent opportunity for an individual considering a career in special education or behavior analysis. Entry level Special Education Professionals will gain invaluable skills in supporting students with brain injuries and neurobehavioral disorders in working closely with an interdisciplinary team, and in implementing evidence-based interventions. There are opportunities to pursue advanced degrees in special education and behavior analysis.
- Provide support and instruction to students in the classroom and residential environments
- Provide opportunities for community integration and enrichment
- Assist students with developing independence in the areas of personal care, self-advocacy and independent living
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, or related field preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in applied behavior analysis and/or special education preferred