School Support AssistantJob ID: 2017-3090
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
May Center School in Randolph is currently seeking a School Support Assistant(SSA) to promote safety and provide support to the school program during physical management/protective measures as part of the Code Team. Qualified candidates will be required to implement physical management procedures as needed, using only approved interventions and procedures (e.g., Safety care). The SSA will also assist with data collection and entry, morning coverage in the residential program, and working with students with varying developmental disabilities including those with significant challenging behaviors as needed.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an organization committed to the highest quality of clinical services and to becoming a part of our experienced corporate team. For more than 60 years, May Institute has been a national leader in education, rehabilitation, and behavioral health services for children and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and developmental disabilities, brain injury, and other special needs.
- Collects incident report data during physical management/protective measures
- Collects behavior data during physical management/protective measures
- Implements physical management procedures proficiently and in an appropriate manner/as trained
- Follows behavior support plans for all students
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in a Graduate level program in Behavior Analysis required
- Continued progress in a Graduate-level program
- Demonstrated proficiency in using applied behavioral analysis
- Ability to complete graphing in an accurate and timely manner