Residential CounselorJob ID: 2017-3148
Type: Full and Part-Time
Category: Residential Counselor
May Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization that provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral health-care services to individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health needs.
We are looking for Residential Counselors to work with adults with autism and developmental disabilities in one of our many residential sites. We offer a variety of different schedules, exciting career paths, an excellent benefits package, and an opportunity to engage in life changing work.
- Skill development and community integration
- Assisting individuals in meeting their personal care and nutritional needs
- Managing behavioral interventions
- Participating in the development of ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
- Dispensing medications
- Previous behavioral experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and at least 2 years' driving experience
- Previous human services experience strongly preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs