Program Specialist - Direct CareJob ID: 2017-3044
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Residential Counselor
May Center for Adult Services is currently seeking compassionate and qualified Residential Counselors to work directly with adults with autism and developmental disabilities at our residential programs in the Greater Springfield area, with particular needs in Hadley, MA.
All schedules include at least one weekend shift.
- Skill development and community integration
- Assisting individuals in meeting their personal care and nutritional needs
- Behavioral interventions
- Participating in the development of IEP/ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
- Dispensing medications (certification is available)
- Previous behavioral experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and at least 3 years' driving experience
- Previous human services experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply