Lead Teacher - Severe Special EducationJob ID: 2017-3036
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is looking for a Special Education Teacher to work in a classroom setting taking on lead responsibilities and providing services to children and adolescents with autism or other developmental disabilities.
- Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
- Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
- Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
- Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
- Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
- Master’s degree (or enrollment in a Master’s program)
- Certification in severe disabilities preferred/ moderate certification will be considered.
- Experience in ABA preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow