Intern - Shared and Supportive Living ProgramJob ID: 2017-3155
The May Institute’s Adult Shared and Supportive Living Program is seeking a Summer / Fall Intern to assist with the qualification and training of host families. The Intern will help with the referral and matching of adults with intellectual disabilities, autism and related disorders with qualified host families. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building our shared and supportive living program.
The intern will work 20-30 hours per week during the summer months, with potential to continue during the fall semester 10-12 hours per week. This is a paid internship opportunity.
The intern will assist with the following:
- Coordinating and overseeing the referral and intake process
- Attending and participating in trade meetings
- Collecting data and completing reports
- Assisting with the completion and filing of a host family application and related documents.
- Coordinating orientation and training for newly qualified host families
- Attending and participating in clinical, staff and team meetings
- Ensuring that QI/QA procedures are adhered to, including maintaining environmental safety as well as a functional and homelike environment
- Assisting in the overall development of the Shared and Supportive Living Program
- Studying for a Bachelor's degree in Psychology or a related field
- Desire to learn about behavioral management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills