Full-Time Residential Counselor FloatJob ID: 2017-3211
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Residential Counselor
GREAT PAY FOR WORK THAT MATTERS.
$15.50/hour plus $500 sign-on bonus!
May Center for Adult Services is recruiting for qualified Residential Float Staff to work with adults with autism and other developmental disabilities in our residences on Cape Cod. The Float positions are full time 40 hour/week positions - Friday and Monday evenings, and double shifts on Saturdays and Sundays. Each week the scheduling supervisor will assign the Float staff their shifts for the week. The Float staff will be required to work the assigned shifts in a variety of different locations across the Cape from Sandwich to Harwich. The Float will be required to attend training at all homes assigned.
The May Institute offers a great opportunity to be involved in an innovative non-profit which excellent work in the areas of autism, developmental disabilities and behavior therapy. The May offers an excellent benefits package for full time employees, as well as an opportunity to engage in life changing work that can bring about a positive impact in the lives of the people you work with.
We offer year-round employment, flexible schedules, exciting career paths, and an excellent benefits plan including:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Matching Contribution to retirement plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Sick Time
- Multiple Training and Certification Opportunities
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Skill development and community integration
- Participate in enriching planned community activities
- Foster a positive, safe and enriching home life for the men and women assigned
- Assist the men and women in their routines of daily living
- Adhere to planned menus
- Medication Administration
- Participate in staff meetings
- Maintain required training certification, both State required and May required
- Maintain knowledge multiple Behavioral interventions
- Participating in the development of IEP/ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
- Become active team member of the PBIS Tier Teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and at least 2 years' driving experience a must
- Applicants MUST be willing to travel and work at a variety of different locations
- Previous behavior management experience a plus