Floating Counselor - ABAJob ID: 2017-3079
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is currently seeking Counselors to implement clinical services in a classroom or residential setting. This is a great opportunity for those enrolled in a Masters ABA program or other Masters Counseling/Psychology program. Prospective candidates will assist the clinical team in the analyzing and obtaining of various forms of behavioral data used to improve the lives of our students.
- Work with Clinical Director and Behavior Specialist to complete behavioral assessments for assigned students
- Train staff on behavior plans and provide support with managing challenging behaviors (including data collection)
- Assist set up of initial behavior program and review casebook for assigned students
- Attend behavioral clinical, educational program review, and classroom meetings
- Provide direct instruction to the students in the areas of academics and self-care (ADLs)
- Implement daily classroom schedule as designed by the Teachers and modify as necessary to address behavioral needs
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of behavioral procedures using reliable observation and analysis of each student's behavior (baseline and treatment). Collects data on behaviors as indicated on the data sheet (e.g., frequency, duration, interval, etc.).
- Implement programs per the Short Term Objectives (STOs) and collects data on programs as indicated in the program book and (e.g., discrete trial, chaining, shaping etc.) per the program schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in a Graduate level program in Behavior Analysis required
- Continued progress in a Graduate-level program
- Demonstrated proficiency in using applied behavioral analysis
- Ability to complete graphing in an accurate and timely manner