Education Technology TeacherJob ID: 2017-3126
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is looking for an Educational Technology Teacher to coordinate the integration of educational technologies into May Center School programs serving children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities.
- Teach curriculum-based integrated lessons using IWB
- Work with teaching and clinical staff to integrate technology into the curriculum and provide direct instruction with the students
- Provide support to teachers to help create lesson plans that integrate technology into their classrooms.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities in order to investigate and identify current best practices related to the integration of technology in education for students with developmental disabilities.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding technology used in a school-based setting.
- Communicate with the IT department regarding the maintenance and upkeep of technology within the school.
- Consult with Speech and Language Department to support communication devices and clinical staff to support research opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Education/Teaching experience with children and adolescents with developmental disabilities; Appropriate license preferred
- Expertise and experience with selecting, implementing, and measuring effectiveness of educational technology and adaptive technology in the classroom
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including Sharepoint, Onedrive; Experience with cloud computing and virtualized servers preferred
- Proficiency with - Apple Configurator 2.0, VMWare Airwatch Mobile Device Management, iOS and Android tablets (mixed versions), Epson BrightLink Interactive Boards, as well as MimioStudio
- Proficiency with - Windows 7 and Windows 10, Mac OSX and later
- Familiarity with Assistive Technologies (AT) a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work as a part of a team.