Director Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)Job ID: 2017-3092
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) reports to the CFO and oversees the analyses functions across the organization. He or she investigates, captures, and presents the organization’s financial performance, and works under the direction of the VP of Finance, to direct a thorough and efficient budgeting process and supervise the organization’s revenue functions.
The Director brings together outstanding skills at analyzing data, managing the revenue function, relaying information derived from data, and collaborating with colleagues.
The Director will develop, and then translate for executives, analyses of revenue and expense drivers, performance indicators, and recent historical trends.
- Work closely with CFO and VP of Finance to manage communication of key insights and actionable intelligence across the organization.
- Support the CFO through the analysis and presentation of financial information, including analysis of monthly and quarterly results along with oversight of the periodic forecasting process.
- Supervise the Financial Analysts and the Billing & A/R team, including revenue analysis and strategy.
- Lead the development and provide oversight for reporting needs – driving consistency, where applicable.
- Provide analysis and project support to the CFO on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, guide programs and service units across the organization through budgeting processes.
- Lead development of strategic financial projections and performance reports in collaboration with program and Finance colleagues.
- Oversee FP&A’s financial reporting requirements and work with Finance colleagues to develop relevant and timely reports and key indicators.
- Design and deliver custom financial reports for senior leadership.
- Understand the economics of the organization, including revenue and expense drivers, key performance indicators, and recent historical trends.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or consulting experience is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required
- Excellence in financial analysis
- Mastery of Excel (including pivot tables, macros, and advanced functions)
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to move deftly between big picture and details
- Comfort with concurrently managing multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Attentiveness to detail and deadlines