Behavior Monitor, Boston, MAJob ID: 2017-3095
Type: Fee for Service
Category: Behavior Therapist
May Institute’s Home-Based Services division is currently seeking bachelors level Behavior Monitors to provide behavioral support services to families of individuals who display challenging behavior at home and in the community. As a Behavior Monitor, you will implement behavior reduction strategies as outlined in the behavior support plan. You will also be responsible for teaching family members and other caretakers how to implement the plan.
This position is a fee-for-service, and services will be provided in the Boston area. Candidates must be flexible in their scheduling, which may include weekend hours, based on the needs and availability of the families served.
The May Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package, including opportunities for tuition reimbursement and professional development. Full-time employees are also offered medical and dental insurance. Mileage between sites will be reimbursed.
- Provide a structured setting for learning new skills and eliminating problem behaviors
- Oversee the daily activities and ensure the health, safety, and general well-being of the student(s)
- Observe and analyze behavior and evaluate progress
- Provide treatment procedures as specified in student’s treatment plan
- Provide support to families, including skills training and sibling services
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Previous experience with social/emotional disabilities preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wrap-around team
- Reliable transportation